[Gdal-dev] Google Summer of Code

Howard Butler hobu at iastate.edu
Sun Feb 4 13:18:44 EST 2007

All,

The Google Summer of Code has been a wildly successful program by
Google for fostering Open Source projects over the past two years.  I
think it should be a goal of GDAL to participate this year, and I am
throwing my hat in the ring to act as a mentor for any students who
would wish to participate by submitting development projects to SOC.

You can find the FAQ about the SOC here: <http://code.google.com/
support/bin/topic.py?topic=10442>.  Initially, we are looking for
students who are willing to work on GDAL/OGR through the summer.
Once we find some candidates, we will brainstorm on some ideas that
could be done over the three month timeframe of SOC.  After we hone
down our list, we will submit our projects and cross our fingers :)

If you know of any students who might be interested, or are one
yourself, please contact me directly.

Thanks,

Howard