[Gdal-dev] NumPy supported in 1.4.0?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Feb 10 01:48:10 EST 2007

Regarding my python 2.5 const char* errors, I just got a response on
the Mac python list.  It turns out that the Mac python build of 2.5
(unclear if it's mac-only, or python 2.5 in general) needs a current
SWIG to generate gdal_wrap.cpp.  Quote:

> This has nothing to do with numpy. The wrapper source was generated
> from a
> slightly-old version of SWIG that generates non-const-correct C++
> code. Python
> 2.5 uses a version of gcc that's a bit pickier than the 2.4 build
> that you used.
>
> Get the latest version of SWIG (1.3.31 should be fine, I think),
> regenerate the
> gdal_wrap.cpp, and recompile.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect