[Gdal-dev] setting nodata for gdalwarp result

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 17:13:20 EST 2007

Greetings,

I am warping many images, and would like to set the destination nodata to a
value which will allow me to mask out the projection artifacts (collar) when
displaying these images with Mapserver. The source data are DOQQ (black and
white) in a variety of UTM coordinate systems. In projecting them to AEA, a
large 'collar' is introduced in the areas where the image was rotated. Up
until now I have told Mapserver to ignore black pixels, but this has the
obvious side-effect of throwing out *real* black pixels.

I am using the -dstnodata -9999 to set the new nodata pixels to something
other than black (0) ... but this does not seem to work.

Any thoughts on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis