[Gdal-dev] can tiles that are all black can be identified and deleted or ignored?

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 12:12:22 EST 2007

Hi,

I want to be able to run gdalwarp against a collection of tiles to create a
large mosaic, which is then by differing resolutions split up by running
gdal_translate.  Some of these outputted tiles may contain an image that is
all black (rgb 0,0,0), because of the original gdalwarp mosaicing process.
My question is whether the tiles that are all black can be identified and
deleted or ignored in advance before running gdaltindex to create a shape
files of tiles of varying resolutions?

Thanks,

--
John J. Mitchell