[Gdal-dev] Ogrinfo and MapInfo "view" TAB files

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Jan 2 17:10:20 EST 2007

Bill Thoen wrote:
> It doesn't look like the ogr MapInfo File driver can open a "view" type
> tab file, or am I missing something? The view format is typically how MI
> stores street files, and is essentially a join between a table of street
> names and a table of the street segments. So is there a way to get
> ogrinfo to read these or do I have to make a single tab file out of these?

MITAB supports "view" TAB datasets, so ogrinfo should support them too.
Perhaps your dataset uses a variation that is not supported yet, I would
suggest that you first try reading your files using MITAB's tab2tab, see
if that works, and if not we'd need to have a look at your dataset and
see how hard it would be to add support for the missing features in MITAB.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/