[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.4.0 RC1 Available

Ivan Lucena ILucena at clarku.edu
Wed Jan 3 13:32:31 EST 2007

Hi William,

Since you have the NetCDF working in your GDAL build and you have the
raster files that produced the error could do us a favor and test if
changing the order in GDALALLRegister() works? That will help a lot.

I am not saying that you should take this as a quick fix or workaround I
just need your help to test it. :-)

I think that a definitive solution will come from Frank as long we are
giving him more information and suggestion. So we are getting there.

What I am saying is that the RST driver checks for file extension, check
for the presence of a companion header text file and the content of the
header text file, so I think that if a file is a real RST it will be
detected fast and safely and stop the driver-detection-loop. If we keep
RST in the back of the list, another binary combination could lead to
misinterpretation in another driver.

So William, do you still have the same file that produced the error? Can
you do the test? Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Ivan Lucena