[Gdal-dev] gdal1.4.0beta2.tar.gz contains gdal1.4.0beta1 code???

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jan 4 11:35:22 EST 2007

Dori wrote:
> Frank,
>
> I have tried to get an answer as to whether or not the bug 1384 reported
> for gdal1.4.0beta1 and supposedly fixed with 1.4.0beta2 was actually
> included in such version or it will be included in the next release with
> no response so far. This bug causes geotiff images with color table
> including only 256 colors to be converted to full black images when
> composed using gdal_merge.py and gdalinfo shows color black for all
> entries in the color table for this type of images even for FWTools
> 1.1.2 that was supposed to include gdal1.4.0beta2.
>
> If I set the color table of the composed image to the proper entries
> then, I get an image with the right colors. i.e. I hard code the color
> entries on my own script using gdal.
>
> Will this bug be fixed in gdal 1.4.0 release?

Dori,

I have seen your messages on this issue, and I do hope to have time to
look into it.  But (without understanding the nature of the bug) I don't
think it is release critical so it is not my intention to hold back the
final release for this bug.

This problem is one of those where I am intimidated by the amount of
previous correspondence I feel I ought to review before digging into it.
And so it slips by the wayside...