[Gdal-dev] gdal1.4.0RC1 vs gdal1.4.0beta2

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jan 4 22:57:01 EST 2007

Dori wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anybody know if the bug 1384 reported for beta1 and still not
> working on beta2 is fixed on gdal1.4.0RC1?
> This bug was related to geotiff maps whose color tables only contained
> 256 entries.  This caused generation of black maps whenever input maps
> with this type of color table were composed using gdal_merge.py.

Dori,

I am very embarrassed to discover the fix for bug 1384 was just sitting
around in my local development tree.  It appears that for some reason I
neglected to commit it.

This means the fix was not in GDAL 1.4.0 RC1 which will likely become
GDAL 1.4.0.  I don't consider this fix release critical since it was
really a defective input file, and GDAL has never handled such files.

I will try and produce an FWTools 1.1.3 with the fix tonight.