[Gdal-dev] RFC 9: Paid Maintainer Guidelines

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 5 18:52:46 EST 2007

Folks,

I have prepared a draft RFC 9 intended to cover how maintainers hired with
GDAL sponsorship money will be administered.

   http://www.gdal.org/rfc9_maintainer.html

I'd appreciate feedback before I formally propose it.

Note that actual hiring/contacting of a maintain would be covered by a
motion to the PSC which would specify financial details, term, and any
special issues.  But this RFC is intended to serve as a framework.  My
hope is collect enough sponsorship for continuously staff the maintainer
role.

I would add that we have four committed sponsors, and once the money has
arrived I plan to propose contracting Mateusz Loskot to work for 100
hours/month for six months as GDAL maintainer for $9000 USD.  No need to
comment on these specific arrangements yet.