[Gdal-dev] Problem compiling with VS 8

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Jan 8 04:50:28 EST 2007

Avi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm compiling with VS 8 "msvc8_gdalce_lib" project and cannot open
> include file 'cpl_config.h'. Where is the problem?
>
> With "msvc8_gdalce_lib_test" project happens the same.

Avi,

First, *ALL* following projects are deprecated and shouldn't be used:

evc4_gdalce_dll/
evc4_gdalce_dll_test/
evc4_gdalce_lib/
evc4_gdalce_lib_test/
msvc8_gdalce_lib/
msvc8_gdalce_lib_test/
wce_test_dll/
wce_test_lib/

They are present in 1.4.0 package because I missed the moment of RC1
synchronization and CVS directories removal doesn't work as I'd wish.

Today, I'm updating building and usage instructions which will be
available on the Windows CE web page:

http://www.gdal.org/wince.html

Second, the *ONLY* available project for VC++ in 1.4.0 which should
be used to build GDAL for Windows CE is located here:

<GDAL>/wince/msvc80/gdalce_dll/gdalce_dll.sln

Also, you need to checkout WCELIBCEX library from the SVN:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/wcelibcex

and there you will find project file for VC++ 2005:

http://wcelibcex.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/wcelibcex/trunk/msvc80/

which should be added to the gdalce_dll.sln as a dependency for
gdalce_dll.vcproj.

BTW, you should be aware all this is about building GDAL for Windows CE,
but not for desktop Windows.
I'm not sure if you are, because you've not mentioned it in the post
subject or body.

Best regards
--
Mateusz Loskot