[Gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.4.0 Released

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Jan 8 15:40:44 EST 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> The GDAL development team is pleased to announce the release of
> GDAL/OGR 1.4.0.  This new release includes many new features and
> bug fixes since the 1.3.2 release nine months ago.  These are
> described at:
>
>   http://www.gdal.org/NEWS.html
>
> The new release source may be downloaded from:
>
>   http://www.gdal.org/dl/gdal-1.4.0.tar.gz
>   http://www.gdal.org/dl/gdal140.zip
>
> Binaries corresponding to the GDAL/OGR 1.4.0 release can be found
> included in the FWTools 1.1.3 release for Windows and Linux at:
>
>   http://www.gdal.org/dl/fwtools/FWTools113.exe (windows)
>   http://www.gdal.org/dl/fwtools/FWTools-linux-1.1.3.tar.gz (linux)
>
> The GDAL project has also introduced the new gdal-announce list, hosted
> by OSGeo.  Those interested in just occasional notices of GDAL/OGR project
> progress are encouraged to join this mailing list.

I'd like to give an additional note related to Windows CE.
Today, I publish new version of GDAL for Windows CE guide
with *many* updates:

http://www.gdal.org/wince.html

It is recommended to check at least follosing section:

 http://www.gdal.org/wince.html#wince_directory

Due to fact I missed the RC synchronization date, there are some
deprecated stuff inside the gdal-1.4.0/wince directory which
should *NOT* be used.

Don't hesitate to contact me in case of problems, ideally post
them on the gdal-dev list so others can read them and solutions too.

Best regards
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net