[Gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.4.0 Released

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 16:23:17 EST 2007

On Saturday 06 January 2007 10:10, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> The GDAL development team is pleased to announce the release of
> GDAL/OGR 1.4.0.  This new release includes many new features and
> bug fixes since the 1.3.2 release nine months ago.  These are
> described at:
>
>    http://www.gdal.org/NEWS.html
>
> The new release source may be downloaded from:
>
>    http://www.gdal.org/dl/gdal-1.4.0.tar.gz
>    http://www.gdal.org/dl/gdal140.zip
>
> Binaries corresponding to the GDAL/OGR 1.4.0 release can be found
> included in the FWTools 1.1.3 release for Windows and Linux at:
>
>    http://www.gdal.org/dl/fwtools/FWTools113.exe (windows)
>    http://www.gdal.org/dl/fwtools/FWTools-linux-1.1.3.tar.gz (linux)
>
> The GDAL project has also introduced the new gdal-announce list, hosted
> by OSGeo.  Those interested in just occasional notices of GDAL/OGR project
> progress are encouraged to join this mailing list.

> Best regards,

Great new Frank.

I just noticed that something does not work when trying to include MrSid
support with the lizzardTech DSDK:

use the archive from lizzardTech:
/Geo_DSDK-6.0.7.1407/

my configure line:
./configure --with-png=internal --with-jpeg=internal \
--with-gif=internal --with-libtiff=internal \
--with-geotiff=internal --with-libz=internal --with-netcdf \
--without-ogdi --with-python --with-sqlite --with-mysql \
--with-threads=yes --without-grass \
--with-mrsid=~/src/Geo_DSDK-6.0.7.1407/

the error that I now receive:
checking for lt_base.h in ~/src/Geo_DSDK-6.0.7.1407/include/support... not
found.
configure: error:   MrSID requested, but components not found.

This file *does* exist, and this DSDK worked with GDAL-1.3.2 ... hmm ?

Any ideas on why  this might be happening?

Cheers,

Dylan

--
Dylan Beaudette