[Gdal-dev] Problem compiling with VS 8

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Jan 9 05:05:19 EST 2007

Alain Rist wrote:
> Hi Mateusz,
>
> Great work !

Alain,

Thanks!

> I confirm that gdalce_dll.sln is not clickable with VS2005 SP1, but it
> opens from the Open Project menu.

Yes, I've noticed the same problem.
After you open the gdalce_dll.sln from File -> Open -> Project/Solution,
and save, then the "clickability" comes back :-)

I suppose it's a problem with CVS and EOF in .sln file.
I'll try to fix it when we move GDAL to SVN.

> When compiling for PPC2003 /debug/ some annoying linker warnings:
>
> ogrspatialreference.obj : warning LNK1166: cannot adjust code at
> offset=0x00001000, rva=0x00071A38
> [...]
> Looks like alignment problems.

Yes, but this is a well-known and often-occuring problem
with this platform. It also occurs with eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0.
I've not noticed any problems caused by those warnings, in any software
I wrote for Windows CE, so I'm sure you can ignore them.

> No such warning in release mode or WM2005 settings.

Yup.

I'm glad it's working for you.

Cheers
--