[Gdal-dev] "gdalce.dll" & "gdalce_i.lib" for CE

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Jan 10 03:44:54 EST 2007

Avi wrote:

> Ok,
>
> before choose any option I must put a "include <gdal_priv.h>" (for
> example) to use GDALDataset (for example)¿?

For every DLL library, there is header file provided.
The header brings function prototypes and types definition.
DLL binary brings only implementation stuff.
So, in your application, you need first to include the header somewhere
to tell your code where particular declaration is from.
Next, you link your application with DLL (in fact, import library) to
tell where are function implemenations etc.

> I can´t use the library.

Why?

> (Sorry, but I never build a dll, always I added a reference).

What do you mean as a reference?
I only know 'reference' as for .NET projects.
In C++, there are dependencies between projects and libraries.

OT: I wonder why Microsoft introduced new and confusing
name - reference - as logically it represents a dependency.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net