[Gdal-dev] RE: Package review submitted for Fedora & NetCDF

Colin.Gowens at CH2M.com Colin.Gowens at CH2M.com
Wed Jan 10 08:13:03 EST 2007

Is GDAL not packaged with Fedora?  So what is the preferred free OS for
use with GDAL / GRASS / Mapserver configuration?

Colin

-------------
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 14:44:45 -0500
From: "Frederick (Rick) A Niles" <fniles at mitre.org>
Subject: [Gdal-dev] Package review submitted for Fedora & NetCDF
	include path
To: gdal-dev at lists.maptools.org

OK, I got tried of waiting for someone else to do it.  I re-built SRPMS
for GDAL and OGDI and posted them here: http://www.gnupooh.org/RPM

Then I requested package review in Red Hat's Bugzilla to have them added

to Fedora.

I just slightly modified SPEC files I got from one of the binary RPM
sites listed on the GDAL page so I hope no-one will feel I'm stealing
credit for them.  I just wanted to get it done.

Previously, Fedora didn't accept GDAL because there was a shared object
conflict with GRASS.  Hopefully we can work past that.

Also, I couldn't build with "netcdf" because Fedora puts the CDF include

files in "/usr/include/netcdf-3" and GDAL doesn't look there.  I could
have put in a little hack patch to add "-I/usr/include/netcdf-3" to the
Makefile, but I was hoping it could somehow be fixed upstream.   Can you

have autoconf check for NETCDF in that location and have the Makefile
modified to work with that include path?

Thanks,
Rick Niles.