[Gdal-dev] negative nodata value loaded as positive in gdal 1.4.0

Hernán De Angelis hernan.deangelis at glocalnet.net
Sat Jan 13 19:29:19 EST 2007

Dear all,

I am having a weird problem when importing SRTM data using gdal_translate or
r.in.srtm in GRASS (which also uses gdal_translate): nodata values are loaded
as 32768 (positive) even when -32768 is explicitly set in the script. After
import gdalinfo reports nodata as -32768, but r.info (in GRASS), cmm (in
OSSIM) and OpeneEV all report these cells as 32768 (positive). I am using
gdal 1.4.0. Is anyone else having this problem as well?

Thanks

Hernán

--
Hernán De Angelis