[Gdal-dev] SVN Transition

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jan 16 01:18:56 EST 2007

Folks,

With the help of Howard Butler and Shawn Barnes the migration of the GDAL
repository to SVN hosted at OSGeo has been successful.  However, I have yet
to address "commiter authorization" on the new system for anyone except Howard,
Mateusz and I.  I hope to resolve this tomorrow (Tuesday).

So far:
  o The repository lives at: http://svn.osgeo.org/svn/gdal and can be browsed
    using this url.
  o The respository includes images for the various tagged versions (1.4.0,
    1.3.2, etc) under the tags directory.
  o The repository includes gdalautotest (now named autotest) though the history
    for the autotests was lost in the transition (it was not lost for GDAL
    itself)
  o The www.gdal.org web site is being rebuilt from the subversion respository.
  o I have changed the gdal.maptools.org and www.remotesensing.org/gdal mirrors
    to just redirect to www.gdal.org for now.
  o A gdal-commits mailing list has been established and is working at
    http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/gdal-commits
  o The nightly snapshots should be working, and available at:
    http://www.gdal.org/dl/daily
  o Howard has the CIA-bot in the #gdal IRC channel also reporting commits
    to subversion.
  o I have created the 1.4 branch in Subversion.  So now any bug fix that
    needs to apply in 1.4.1 as opposed to just 1.5.0 will need to be back
    ported, or merged into the 1.4 branch.
  o I have stripped the $Log$ logs from most files as they cannot be
    maintained properly in subversion.  If you happen to be modifying a file
    (such as .py scripts and some other files) with a log in it, please clip
    it out.

Right now a read-only copy of the repository can be fetched with the command:

  svn checkout http://svn.osgeo.org/svn/gdal/trunk/gdal gdal