[Gdal-dev] gdalinfo returns wrong bounding box with DTED level 1

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jan 23 11:31:57 EST 2007

Martel, Christian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I run gdalinfo with the OGDI driver on a DTED directory of dt1
> files, I get an erronous north bound.
> Example : A DTED CD contains files from 42 to 52 degrees north and
> gdalinfo returns a north limit of 56.
> -I tested three sets of DTED 1 files.
> -The problems appens only with DTED level 1, not level 0 or lever 2.
> -The problems appens also with GetGeoTransform() in a python script.
> -I use fwtools 1.1.3 on windows.

Christian,

FWTools also includes the ogdi_info utility which will report various
information about an ogdi datasource.  Hopefully the commandline usage
messages is enough to figure out how to use it.  I would suggest testing
with that to see if it has the same issue.

If so, then file a bug against the OGDI library though to be honest I
have little interest in digging into the DTED driver since it is so easy
to access DTED files directly with GDAL.