[Gdal-dev] Drivers for Golden Software Grid Formats (long)

Kevin Locke kwl7 at cornell.edu
Mon Jan 29 18:13:20 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 21:40 +0100, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Kevin Locke wrote:
>>> 2. Ther are people which can be allergic to things like
>>>    'std::numeric_limits<double>::max()' or 'dynamic_cast' :-)
>>
>> I've removed the dynamic_casts.  The numeric_limits stuff will take
>> some thought in a few places, but I should be able to get it done
>> shortly.
>
> In the std::numeric_limits specialization for double type, the max()
> function is usually based on __DBL_MAX__ constant defined by C Language
> Standard, header float.h.
> So, you can safely replace the std::numeric_limits<double>::max()
> with __DBL_MAX__.

Thanks Mateusz, I was completely overlooking defined macros to
accomplish the same purpose.  I have now replaced all of the
numeric_limits stuff with appropriate *_MAX macros (and in the process
realized that I was misusing numeric_limits<>:min()).  The new version
of the patch is at
http://kevinlocke.name/gdal/gdal-driver_for_gsg-r3.patch

Thanks,      |      kwl7 at cornell.edu     |    kevinoid at jabber.org
Kevin        |   http://kevinlocke.name  |   kevinoid on freenode