[Gdal-dev] Drivers for Golden Software Grid Formats (long)

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Mon Jan 29 18:27:09 EST 2007

Kevin Locke wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 15:50 +0000, Joaquim Luis wrote:
>
>> Are you supporting both version 6 and version 7 binary formats?
>> V6 format are normally all we want. V7 stores the grids with double
>> precision only.
>>

> I think you are talking about the Surfer Grid File Format, which is
> different from the Golden Software Grid Formats (although Surfer is a
> Golden Software product).  I am working from Appendix C of the Surfer
> 8 User's Guide (which describes all three formats, and some others).
> The only version information they have for the GS Grids is the
> signature ('DSAA' for ASCII, 'DSBB' for binary).

I'm lost here. Yes I'm talking about Surfer Grid Formats, and there 3 of
them (I'm pretty sure on this)

'DSAA' for ASCII
'DSBB' for what the now call GS Binary (*.grd) format <../topics/surfer_6_grid_file_format.htm> and used to be the grid format up to version 6
'DSRB' for the default (complicated and un-necessary large) Surfer 7 (*.grd) format <../topics/surfer_7_grid_file_format.htm>

Joaquim Luis