[Gdal-dev] nmake for c # interfaces

kevser sonmez kevsemola at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 11:12:12 EDT 2007

Hi,
I have been trying to build the gdal and swig files using the nmake utility,
for the csharp part of the swig (csharp seems to have the good documentation
:) ). When I try to build the gdal core library, it seems to fail at the
frmts directory for the tiff library. It gives the error,
"This <javascript:searchRef('This')> version<javascript:searchRef('version')>
of <javascript:searchRef('of')> tif_config<javascript:searchRef('tif_config')>
.h <javascript:searchRef('h')> header <javascript:searchRef('header')>
is<javascript:searchRef('is')>
dedicated <javascript:searchRef('dedicated')> for
Windows<javascript:searchRef('Windows')>
CE <javascript:searchRef('CE')> platform <javascript:searchRef('platform')>!"

I can produce the four namespace dll s for the c# interfaces but since I
cannot produce the core gdal library with the nmake, the linking cannot
succeed.

I am trying to compile it for a win64 bit system and setting the WIN64=YES
options in the nmake.opt file and also in the comandline when calling for
nmake.

Any ideas are geratly appreciated ...
Thanks in advance :)