[Gdal-dev] Will increasing the RAM on a server increase the speed of gdalwarp?

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Fri Jul 13 14:20:26 EDT 2007

John -

It will almost certainly increase the speed.  That¹s not at all the same as
saying that it is worth it, or that the speed increase will be significant.

Your disks are the slowest part of the process.  Please describe in detail
both the input and the output disk subsystems you are using for your
gdalwarp process.  Then we can see if that¹s the first place to look.

     - Ed

--
Ed McNierney
Chief Mapmaker