[Gdal-dev] MapInfo layer create failure in the Perl test code

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Jul 18 07:02:38 EDT 2007

Ari Jolma wrote:
> I notice with the latest sources a failure in MapInfo layer creation:
> RuntimeError SetSpatialRef() can be used only with Write access.'. I
> give a spatial reference object in the creation. It's a bit strange
> error message to come from a layer create since if you can create a
> layer then by default shouldn't you have a write access?
>
> What's the story here?

Ari,

Is this error happening using the SVN trunk? And does the same script
work fine with V1.4.2?

I'm not sure why, but this might be related to a recent set of changes
in the MITAB driver in trunk. Could you please file a ticket with a copy
of the script that produces this error and assign it to me? I'll try to
have a look next time I work on the MITAB driver.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/