[Gdal-dev] What are georeferenced coordinates?

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Thu Jul 19 16:51:43 EDT 2007

What are georeferenced coordinates? I can't find a definition in any of the
GDAL documents. I would guess they are longitude and latitude.

I'm trying to use the "-projwin" option for gdal_translate with valid longitude
and latitude. But this always fails saying they are outside the bounds of the
input image. "-srcwin" works as expected.

"gdal_translate --version" yields "GDAL 1.4.2.0, released 2007/06/27". I'm
using a Redhat Fedora Core 5 system.

TIA!
Kent