[Gdal-dev] ECW reading for OSX now possible

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Jul 26 16:29:08 EDT 2007

Someone finally responded to the ECW Forums with a small patch that
enables the ECW SDK to read ECW images on OSX 10.4.  I still get
errors trying to write ECW images, but it's a start.  Reading and
writing JP2s with the ECW SDK works.

I built a plugin for my GDAL framework and it's available for
download on my frameworks page.

If anyone wants to build the ECW SDK on OSX on their own, this forum
topic summarizes past patches from other topics and includes details
on the latest patch:

http://forums.ermapper.com/viewtopic.php?t=2446

If any Mac programmers (I'm not much of a C++ programmer, I just
tinker) have any ideas on the write problem, please help out by
posting to the ER forum in that topic.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying,
fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not
deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of
weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them
slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the
lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan