[Gdal-dev] BigTIFF support

Luis Viveros luisviveros at digimapas.com.br
Thu Jul 26 18:47:09 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have tried to generate a big tiff file (~16GB) with the svn version.
When trying to create the file with gdalwarp (with -co BIGTIFF=YES) it
fails.

I have tried both the internal libtiff and also the tiff-4.0.0alpha.

When running the configure options --with-libtiff=internal or
--with-libtiff=yes or even
--with-libtiff=/usr/local/src/tiff-4.0.0alpha/libtiff, GDAL is
configured as:

LIBTIFF support:   internal (BigTIFF=no)
or
LIBTIFF support:   external (BigTIFF=no)

Also, when the configure checks for TIFFScanlineSize64, I always get:

checking for TIFFScanlineSize64 in -ltiff... no

Is there something that I am missing to setup? Forcing BIGTIFF=YES is
not working...

Thanks in advance,,

Luis

--