[Gdal-dev] experiences using SQLite, anyone?

Kaminski, Fábio - PROVIDER fabio at synapsisbrasil.com.br
Tue Jun 5 16:01:12 EDT 2007

Folks,

            Im using the Gdal and Ogr api in c++, primarily using postgis to hold the data.  and for this particular architeture the simplicity from SQLite is something that I want, in this particular case I don't need transactions and multiple clients support.

            Im just wondering if there is some kind of limitation from SQLite, like database size, or because its limited just to WKT, or the postgis functions comming from geos.. like Intersect.. (after I got a OGRGeometry can I use the encapsulated geos library and compare two or more geometries..im I right?).

            Somebody who use SQLite with ogr has any comments? Good and bad experiences are welcome :-)

Thanks for help!

Fabio Kaminski