[Gdal-dev] OGR m-values

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jun 5 16:59:16 EDT 2007

Craig Hunter wrote:
> Hi Listers,
>
> I found a reference to supporting M-values (measure values) in the future
> for the vector based ogr project.  I was wondering if this was currently
> being worked on? or if anyone had additional information in regards to this
> ambition.

Craig,

This is not planned for GDAL/OGR 1.5.  But it is part of the newly (or
soon?) released OGC simple features specification, so I hope to add it in
the next year or two.  This will be a substantial effort, and it remains
to be seen if there will be financial or development support for such an
overhaul to OGR.