[Gdal-dev] Assertion in .tab driver

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jun 15 10:27:08 EDT 2007

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> That's one of the reason why old C functions should be replaced with C++
> and safe equivalents (see below).

Folks,

Well, I don't really agree with this.  I have found the C++
templated versions of stuff like isspace to be implemented somewhat
inconsistently between compilers, and when things go wrong it is
hard to work out why.  Just casting an argument in problems cases
seems fine to me.

> After we migrate to Unicode, we can easily switch to wide characters
>
> std::isspace<wchar_t>(...)
>
> but that's another story.

I believe when we move to unicode we are likely to use utf-8, not wchar_t,
in the bulk of the code.