[Gdal-dev] GEOS precision model?

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Tue Jun 26 12:18:46 EDT 2007

I'm doing some rather heavy duty geocomputation with OGR (via Perl
module Geo::OGR of course), mainly intersections. I run into a problem,
where GEOS throws a topology exception since the vertices of the two
geometries are very close to each other (6 digits same, then differences).

I'm no GEOS guru, but it seems there is a possibility to improve the
robustness of overlay operations with precision models(?). I think they
could be useful for me now.

Is there a way to take advantage of what GEOS offers (and what does it
really offer, if I could have a quick lesson...) via OGR? And if not,
would it be difficult to hack it in?

Regards,

Ari