[Gdal-dev] gis concepts

kevser sonmez kevsemola at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 03:54:36 EDT 2007

Hi;
I have been looking and even still looking to the sites you have sent.
Thanks for the suggestions. I am trying to read s57 data with OGR. I would
like to view the data in s 52 format, in Java. I dont know whether I have
choosen the right way to view the S52 data but I want to make something that
is platform independent. Shall I choose OpenGL, instead of Java drawing?
Which would be more efficient?

I have found some workings on OpenEv for s 52 viewing, but I want to know
whether the working is over or mature enough to be used. So that there is no
need for me to reinvent the wheel. Or there are some other works on the
issue?? Or shall I have to fiddle into the code?

And also I am curious whether there is a
documentation/tutorial/site/anything for s57 producing other than the
specification. I have the 3.1 specification of the s 57 data format. But as
far as I understood, it is returning to 4.0 standard?

So confused;
just looking for some ideas

Thanks again :)