[Gdal-dev] Re: Warping MODIS

guillaume huby guillaume.huby.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 05:00:10 EST 2007

On 2/27/07, Jose Gomez-Dans <jgomezdans at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guillaume,
> I just now realised your messages in the GDAL mailing list regarding
> the reprojection of MODIS, and the 21km offset problem. I work in
> UTM30N/European Datum 50, and have found the same problem. Using
> Markus' scripts, the problem is still there (in fact, the problem
> arises in the first warp, from MODIS sinusoidal into WGS84/LatLong).
> Have you found a way around this?

For me the problem is solved using Markus' trick. Here is a simplified
version :
1. warp to sphere :
gdalwarp -t_srs "+proj=latlong +ellps=sphere" src_dataset dst_dataset1
2. force projection to WGS84 :
gdal_translate -a_srs "EPSG:4326" dst_dataset1 dst_dataset2
3. warp to the expected final projection :
gdalwarp -t_srs EPSG:NNNNN dst_dataset2 dst_dataset3

A+,
Guillaume.