[Gdal-dev] Looking for huge vector dataset

Martin Daly Martin.Daly at cadcorp.com
Tue Mar 6 06:44:42 EST 2007

Peter,

> You've probably got all you need at this point, but just in
> case you don't Statistics Canada has published it's street
> network data as gml, shp and tab files.  There are some
> smaller boundary polygon data sets available at no cost, but
> not as large as what you are seeking, I think.
>
> An index to the data can be found here:
>
> http://www12.statcan.ca/english/census06/geo/index.cfm

I just re-checked having looked at the data when it first became
available, and there are still no GML Application Schemas in the
downloads.

Are they available?  Without these, GML parsers cannot find out how the
GML/XML is structured, e.g. which element is actually the Geometry.
That makes the data unusable except in GML parsers that have an
additional - arguably redundant - configuration file.