[Gdal-dev] problem compiling 1.4.0 on mac os x 10.4

Eric Dönges eric.doenges at gmx.net
Tue Mar 6 01:48:51 EST 2007

Am 05.03.2007 um 23:43 schrieb John Cartwright:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm having a little trouble compiling 1.4.0 on my mac.  The 1.3.x
> series compiled just fine on the same machine.  Lots of messages like:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _get_crc_table
> /usr/local/src/gdal-1.4.0/.libs/libgdal.dylib(single module)
> definition of _get_crc_table
> /usr/lib/libz.dylib(crc32.o) definition of _get_crc_table
>
> Any ideas?

You are having a linker conflict between the libz internal to GDAL
and the system's
libz. To resolve this, you need to either not link against the
system's libz in any
files linking against libgdal, or configure gdal to not use the
internal libz
(try configuring with --without-libz or --with-libz=external - I
haven't tried this
myself, but one of the above should work). Since doing the former
might be rather
difficult in practice, and MacOS includes libz by default anyway, I
would recommend
trying the later.

With kind regards,
Eric