[Gdal-dev] DTED Performance on Windows

Collins, Benjamin collinsb at mitre.org
Wed Mar 7 09:01:40 EST 2007

All,

I'm not sure that this is the same issue, but I have seen some pretty
terrible performance generally on non-byte datasets loaded under
Windows with the NITF driver.  DTED 2 is such a file.  For me, the
gdaladdo command took 10x longer for an int16 NITF than for the same
GeoTIFF reduced to byte depth.

I can get exact numbers were it necessary,
--
Ben