[Gdal-dev] SWIG C# dependencies on Windows

Richard Matsunaga richard.matsunaga at waypointinfo.com
Wed Mar 7 16:30:33 EST 2007

I struggled with a dependency problem with the SWIG C# wrappers on our build
server. Unit tests would fail due to a TypeInitializationException in
gdal_wrap.dll.

After playing with Filemon and Dependency Walker without limited success, it
turns out that I needed to install the Visual C++ redistributable package on
the server. The server does not have Visual Studio installed.

Since we already had the hand-rolled GDAL C# wrapper running successfully on
the server, what extra dependencies have been introduced with the SWIG
wrapper to make the redist necessary?

Thanks,
Richard