[Gdal-dev] extract images from "ExeComp Binary @EX File v2"?

Matt Wilkie maphew at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 16:33:31 EST 2007

Hi All,

My wife bought me 100 years of National Geographic maps on an 8 CDROM
set. The maps are great, but the image viewer it comes with is
horrible. If anyone can help me extract the images I would be
*incredibly* grateful. This is a personal project, so I don't have a
lot of money for it, but would be willing to trade  services in kind
in addition to a small honorarium.

The files have the extension ". at EX", begin with "ExeComp Binary @EX
File v2" and appear to have embedded JFIF pyramids in them[0]. I can
send a sample to anyone interested in helping me but not to the
general list as they are copyrighted.

[0] http://groups.google.com/group/comp.graphics.misc/msg/adb838fb8eee2045?dmode=source

thanks,

--