[Gdal-dev] compilation of GDAL/OGR-132 with DGNDirect09964

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Mar 14 11:13:10 EDT 2007

Jean-Daniel Gonon wrote:
> Also, when I compile in release mode, i have errors like this :
> "tif_aux.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown"

Jean-Daniel,

This kind of error in most cases mean you are mixing debug and release
libraries and/or linking with debug libs in release mode.

I'd suggest you to review your project very carefully again.

> In release mode, I use release DLL (libpng13-vc8.lib libjpeg.lib
> zlib1-vc8.lib xerces-c_2.lib dgntkMD8.lib olessMD8.lib zlibMD8.lib) and
> parameter "C/C++ => Code generation => Runtime Library" at
> "Multi-threaded DLL (/MD)" (see gdal_release.vcproj project file in
> attached file).

I've taken a short look at your projects and I can say I'm pretty sure
the configuration is messed.
In the configuration block of Release_DLL, you are defining _DEBUG
symbol for preprocessor.
Also, in the Release_DLL mode, you are linking with following libs:
dgntkMD8d.lib olessMD8d.lib zlibMD8d.lib
These are libraries built in debug mode and that's why you get errors!
There are more issues hidding inside your projects.

I believe your problem is mostly related to proper
configuration of Visual C++ project but not to GDAL,
so that's all I can help you in this matter.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net