[Gdal-dev] Ready to commit first batch of swig-java changes

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Mar 18 11:48:45 EDT 2007

Andrea Aime wrote:
> Do you have any kind of procedure I have to follow
> before committing? In Geoserver I would open a jira issue to
> record the change, so that the jira changelog contained that change
> too.

Andrea,

If the change is going into a stable branch (ie. 1.4) then I would like
there to be a corresponding bug report.  But for improvements in trunk
it isn't required, though you can create one if you feel it is justified.

An email to gdal-dev, such as you have provided, is also desirable if the
change is likely to affect others.

So feel free to proceed.

At some point I would love to get a small test suite in place for the Java
interface, and have it tests under buildbot.  If you were to prepare a bit
of testing Java, Mateusz could help get it working with buildbot.