[Gdal-dev] Motion: Migrate from Bugzilla to Trac

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Mar 18 18:47:29 EDT 2007

Howard Butler wrote:
> All,
>
> Frank, Mateusz, and I have been working on a Trac instance to go along
> with our Subversion repository.  It currently lives at
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal .  The bugzilla dump of this incarnation is
> about two weeks old, so don't get too comfortable with it yet, as there
> will be at least one more iteration once we decide to make the move.
>
> I have been tweaking the migration scripts to attempt to get things
> behaving how we'd like.  I think I have things about as far as we can go
> in any sort of automated way.  I would like folks to look over the
> Ticket migration and compare to some equivalents in Bugzilla and confirm
> that things are behaving as they should.  If you find something, please
> email the ticket id(s) to me, and I will collate them and see what we
> might be able to do as part of the automated migration.
>
> I propose that we let the example stand for a week, and if the PSC is in
> agreement and there aren't too many awful artifacts from the automated
> migration, we complete the migration next weekend (Mar 23-24).
>
> Here's some ticket listings:
> <http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/report/9>
> <http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/report/1>

Folks,

If I may take the liberty, I'd like to make it clear there is a motion.

Motion: To migrate the GDAL project from bugzilla hosted at remotesensing.org
to Trac hosted at trac.osgeo.org/gdal, with Howard Butler performing the
translation.

---

As Howard notes, the current example translation is not the final one.  Before
Howard starts a final translation the gdal-dev mailing list will be notified
and the we will make some effort to disable GDAL bug handling in the bugzilla
as well as updating all the project pointers to the new trac.  The exact
timing will be up to Howard.

We are also doing some experiments of integrating the Doxygen generated
web site with Trac.  An rough example of this can be found at:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/doxygen

However, this motion only addresses migration of the bug database to trac,
and implicitly the use of the Trac wiki as a GDAL wiki.