[Gdal-dev] issues merging 7 bands of Landsat scene into 1 image

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Mon Mar 19 14:09:48 EDT 2007

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Maciej Sieczka wrote:
>> GDAL --without-python --with-ngpython (full config syntax and other
>> details below) configures and builds without errors, but after the make
>> install, no python scripts get installed, including gdal_merge.py. How
>> do I build GDAL --with-ngpython and install it properly?
>>
>> I have python2.4-numeric 24.2 and python2.4-numarray 1.5.1 installed
>> into /usr. site-packages dir is /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/
>>
>> Note: there is a warning in config.log: "checking for NumPy include
>> files... missing"; does that matter?
>
> Maciej,
>
> Yes, it does.
> You need to install dev package for NumPy package.

I don't have such available. Never heard of... I have the following
installed (links are for lists of files installed):

python2.4
http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=filelist&word=python2.4&version=dapper&arch=i386

python2.4-dev
http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=filelist&word=python2.4-dev&version=dapper&arch=i386

python2.4-numeric
http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=filelist&word=python2.4-numeric&version=dapper&arch=i386

python2.4-numarray
http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=filelist&word=python2.4-numarray&version=dapper&arch=i386

> I may be wrong how the new NG Python bindings work now,
> but it seems nothing is compiled in the swig/python, by make.

I have swig 1.3.27 installed, if that matters:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=filelist&word=swig&version=dapper&arch=i386&page=1&number=all

> Try to install the NumPy dev package and it should help.

What is that missing include file exactly? Maybe some other package
provides it? I inspected config.log and found no hints.

Is there anybody on the list who knows how to build --without-python
--with-ngpython on Ubuntu Dapper? I will be grateful for your hints.

Thanks for help Mateusz!

Maciek

P.S.

I'm attaching an English version of logs for configure, make and make
install this time. The previous one was in Polish, sorry.