[Gdal-dev] Re: C# Geometry Classes?

Simon Perkins sy at perkins.net
Thu Mar 22 02:00:39 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> I feel an RFC would need to be drafted and approved by the PSC before we
> add the full set of concrete geometry classes to the swig interfaces.
> This
> is a fairly substantial change.

Fair enough. Only trouble is that I'm not really qualified to assess the
impact of the approach, and whether Tamas' suggestion is the right way
to go about it. Or even at this stage how to describe Tamas' approach...
Tamas?

This seems to me like a big chunk that's missing from the OGR C
interface, but maybe I'm just missing some aspect of how the C API can
be used. For my money, I'm thinking that this functionality should be
added into the basic C API (and thence picked up from there by SWIG et
al). Don't people using the C API to OGR want more geometry specific
functionality? I still haven't worked out how one can deal with all but
the simplest geometries through the C interface - for instance
identifying inner and outer rings of a polygon.

Cheers,

Sy