[Gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR Bugzilla Migrated to Trac

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 27 16:23:34 EDT 2007

Matt Wilkie wrote:
>> As discussed on gdal-dev, the GDAL bug database has been migrated from
>> Bugzilla at http://bugzilla.remotesensing.org to Trac at:
>>
>>   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal
>
> thank you everyone who worked to bring this together!
>

>> The new Trac instance uses OSGeo userids for authentication.  The main
>> page at http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal contains pointers for how to get
>> an OSGeo userid (the same as we use for subversion).
>
> At the moment that page does not have any info for acquring OSGeo id's,
> it just says you need one. How do non-developers submit and give
> feedback to bugs?

Matt,

The first paragraph reads:

Wiki editing, and and some bug modification options require "logging in" (link)
first using an OSGeo userid. You can also "search" (link) for your existing
userid, or "create" (link) an OSGeo userid.

Follow the "create" link to create an osgeo userid.

Obviously this isn't clear since lots of people are having problems with it.
Luckily it's a wiki so better communicators than I can improve it.

I don't know how to add a "Register" link up by the login link near the top.