[Gdal-dev] MITAB driver update

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Mar 30 15:33:17 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Generally speaking I'd be hesitant to pull in substantially altered
> supporting libraries in the stable branch.  But the exception I think would
> be when that is the only practical way to get important bug fixes.  So, yes
> I think the 1.6.1 code ought to pulled into the stable branch (as well as
> trunk).

After reading your reply and also since I'm not a fan of letting new
features make it into a stable branch, I have taken the time to review
the list of bug fixes and they should be easy to backport, so I won't do
a complete upgrade in the 1.4 banch, I'll just apply selected fixes. I
have created a ticket (my first one!) for this:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1541

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette