[Gdal-dev] Re: Motion: SoC Project Ranking

Philippe Vachon philippe at cowpig.ca
Fri Mar 30 15:58:42 EDT 2007

Hi Jim,

Basically, as Frank has said, the project is dealing with level 0,
post-acquisition, unprocessed imagery, and processing it to be a usable
image. The products available for this are very commercial (and expensive!),
so the goal of the project is to create an Open Source implementation of the
Range Doppler algorithm. I've created a wiki page talking about it
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/GDAL_SoC_Ideas/SAR_Processor) if you're
interested. If you have (or anyone else has) any questions please get in
touch!

Best regards,
Phil