[Gdal-dev] GRIB Driver status

Andrea Battisti battisti at actgate.com
Thu May 3 12:12:46 EDT 2007

>> I'm interested in testing and track the progress of the GDAL GRIB
>> driver.

[...]
>> How can I download the latest code for the driver in order to compile
>> and test it?
>
> Andrea,
>
> Sorry, there was a slight reorganization of the subversion repository.
>
> Now you would do:
>
>   svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/spike/grib grib

Thanks, the new link worked fine...

I've compiled on Windows the GRIB driver along with the latest svn
snapshot of GDAL.
When I try to load sample GRIB data, I get this:

Warning/Error: 6: Failed to initialize PROJ.4 with `+proj=lcc +lat_1=0
+lat_2=0 +lat_0=0 +lon_0=0 +x_0=0 +y_0=0 +a=6371200 +b=6371200 +units=m
+no_defs '.

Then the resulting image seems not to have correct/valid values.

Any hints on what this warrning/error could be related to?
Anyone successfully using the GRIB driver on Windows?

Thanks for any help/advice...
Kind regards,

--
Andrea Battisti, ACT Corp.