[Gdal-dev] Unable to load PROJ.4 library in GDAL

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Fri May 4 04:43:17 EDT 2007

Roger André kirjoitti:
> I then edited the /etc/profile dir in Cygwin and added the following
> entry:
> PROJSO=/cygdrive/c/FWTools1.2.2/bin/proj_fw.dll
>
> After sourcing /etc/profile the environment variable appeared to be
> correctly set.  I then tested the gdalwarp, and again got the same error.

I think PROJSO should be set to just "proj_fw.dll" in your case. That's
because GDAL uses a system call for loading a dll with its name. The
system then looks through the usual places, which you have told it using
PATH. Is /cygdrive/c/FWTools1.2.2/bin/ in your PATH?

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Geoinformaatio- ja paikannustekniikka / Geoinformation and positioning