[Gdal-dev] GRIB Driver status

Daniel daniel112b at gmail.com
Sat May 5 11:22:14 EDT 2007

I downloaded a GRIB file from

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/mdl/NDFD_GRIB2Decoder/custmgrd.php

using the default values in the form. I got an error reading that
file, "ERROR 1: latitude or longitude exceeded limits". It's not the
same error as you got but the file is in a Lambert projection just as
yours and i found a bug in the gridtemplate definition file. I'm not
sure if this is related to your problem especially since it seems to
work on Linux in your case.

There seams to be a minus sign missing in the definition of Lambert in
gridtemplates.h The 11:th element in the array should be -4 i think
instead of 4 to indicate that it can have a sign.

   // 3.30: Lambert Conformal
        {30, 22, 0, {1,1,4,1,4,1,4,4,4,-4,-4,1,-4,4,4,4,1,1,-4,-4,-4,4} },

Regards,
 Daniel Bäck