[Gdal-dev] RFC 12: Improved File Management

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Mon May 7 12:58:29 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam kirjoitti:

> I normally think of OGRLayer's as being analygous to bands

Hmm, I've been using OGROpen with a directory name instead of filename.
Then I've been able to loop through all vector data layers (for example
shapefiles) in that directory. I've sometimes wondered what happens if
there are for example shapefiles _and_ mapinfo files in the same directory.

I've thought that that's a neat feature since sometimes the layers do
not have any correspondance with the filenames.

Ari