[Gdal-dev] follow up to my previous question (GDAL install with Python 2.4 on windows XP)

Nate Jennings nate at deltateck.com
Wed May 9 12:18:59 EDT 2007

My previous question was:

I loaded gdal-python-13.win32-py2.4.exe (this came from UrbanSim download
page).
I have Python 2.4 from ActiveState
I have numpy-1.0.2.win32-py2.4.exe installed
I have PIL 1.1.6 installed

Once I installed the gdal, I was testing if I could load an image
(multispectral TIF file into a numpy array).

I received the message back when I did the following:

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Open'

I doulbe checked that I had the various modules and that I had the _gdal.pyd
in my DLLs directory and there was a __init__.py in my site-packages\gdal
directory.

I also tried running other type of functions like gdal.AllRegister(), etc.
and I received the same Error as above.

I am trying to determine if I did anything incorrectly during the install or
how I might go about fixing the problem and if anyone has had a similar
problem.

Thanks for any assistance.

Nate

--